Looking for Parents of Postsecondary Students with Autism to Participate in a Paid Research Study
As a parent and student, I am reaching out to you as a fellow parent to help me with my research study at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the requirement for completing a PhD in Special Education.
I am trying to learn how parents of current or former college students who have a formal diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD, including Asperger Syndrome, Autism, or PDD-NOS) help or have helped their students while they are in college or university in the United States. To do this, I have created an online survey that you will confidentially complete – if you qualify – at Qualtrics.com, a secure site provided by the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Please read the process below to determine if you qualify:
- You will read and digitally sign online the Letter of Informed Consent Document where you will attest to the formal diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder of your postsecondary student who attends or has attended a college or university in the United States.
If you qualify, the next steps are:
- You will confidentially complete 45 short “yes” or “no” questions and have the chance to type in more information through 14 open-ended questions.
- After the survey, there is a brief, confidential demographics questionnaire with 15 multiple choice questions and 1 brief open response question.
- The survey and questionnaire will take anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes to complete.
- At the end of the demographics questionnaire, you will submit the study, and you will immediately see a page with a note thanking you for your participation along with instructions for receiving the Starbucks $20 gift card.
Please note that your participation is confidential, and the information you provide will be downloaded only after all participants have completed the survey, so the survey results will not be tied to any one individual.
Your name and I.P. address will not be tracked.
Again, all the information you provide will be collected confidentially, and the only way others will learn of your participation is if you or someone related to you discloses participation.
Please feel free to share this information about my study and the link www.collegestudentparentsstudy.com with other parents of students with ASD who attend college or university in the US and who may be interested in participating. (Please note that after you click the link to www.collegestudentparentsstudy.com in order to learn if you qualify.)
By clicking the link that follows this statement, you will gain access to the confidential survey on Qualtrics: https://uic.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8dZEKkbJD9MXysJ
I want to express my gratitude for your willingness to contribute to this research so that we may learn more about how to improve outcomes for our college and university students with ASD.